Protect your business from cyber crime
Most businesses nowadays use the internet and email to conduct business. Many have invested heavily in technology to ensure their online communications run smoothly – but investment in appropriate insurance against the increasing problem of cyber crime is equally as important.
Small businesses should also:
· seek professional advice on security if you don’t have an in-house expert
· update your antivirus software
· back up your files and keep back up off site
· change passwords frequently
· encrypt important information so that only authorised users can access it
· develop a clear email policy and raise online security awareness and issues with employees
· lock servers in a room and move laptops into a secure drawer at the end of the working day.
Most of all, ensure you are fully insured against such eventualities so you can get your business back up and running quickly. Computer Breakdown and Cyber Liability polices are just two types of insurance worth considering by organisations that are heavily reliant on their IT.
To find out more about cyber liability insurance or computer insurance, give Sutcliffe & Co a call on 01905 21681 or send us an email.