Why do I need insurance if I let a property?

Damage to your property by flood, fire or theft, injury to tenants or members of the public, subsidence, tenancy disputes – all disasters that could destroy your investment and possibly cost you more than the market value of your property. The correct insurance will minimise the disruption.

Whatever your property, residential or commercial, UK or overseas, Sutcliffe & Co will provide Buy to Let insurance cover tailored to you.

What else might you need?

We may recommend additional covers such as:

What if you have a problem with your property insurance?

The benefit of using an independent insurance broker, such as ourselves, is that we can usually solve problems with non-standard property insurance, for example if your property is unoccupied, a listed building, has a history of flooding or subsidence, is undergoing renovation, to name a few.

As no two circumstances are alike, no two policies should be alike - we won’t offer you a standard package if that is not what is best for your requirements