What is business contents insurance?

Business contents insurance can cover furniture, furnishings, equipment, etc. for loss, theft or damage. It can also be known as plant, machinery and equipment insurance.

Remember you need to advise your broker of items that are taken away from your premises as these may need to be itemised or insured separately, perhaps on a specific equipment, tools, computers, engineering, contract works or marine policy, depending upon your requirements. You should also consider items belonging to others that you are responsible for, such as leased equipment or items you are working on.

Business owners with contents insurance should also consider cover for the following:

All business are different and we can advise on what you do, and do not, need